Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Micah's breakfast

Our new set up is Elias is bed with R and Micah still with me. In the morning when Robert leaves for work, I usually get in bed with E, to avoid having him come bouncing into my room and waking Micah. Yesterday, I didn't hear Micah come out of my room. I woke up to him, saying, "Come on, 'Lias. Get down out da bed", in his sweet little voice.

There was sticky goodness all over his mouth. He told me there was old food on the table and he ate it b/c he was hungry. There was a bowl of melted rainbow sherbet sitting on the coffee table.  I was instantly furious with Robert. He is the only one that eats it and I figured he left his bowl there. After R and I talked, it turns out Micah got it himself.

What am I going to do with him? I feel like I ALWAYS have to be on watch. There is nothing he won't do. When he was a toddler, he used pots as stools, climbed onto the counter, over to the stove and got into the medicine bin. Seriously, he was no older than 16 mos when that happened. Elias would never do these types of things. I try to tell myself all of these crazy antics and mischief making means he is brilliant and a fabulous problem solver. There is no feat too big!

We're going to move all unsafe foods into the extra fridge downstairs and put a lock on the storage room door. He was a bouncing, oppositional mess after eating it. After the Skittles on Sunday and now this, I feel like I am parenting a tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment