Monday, September 22, 2008

The Hammies

Like every other kid out there, mine ADORE the camera. They pretend to take pics of each other all day long. The new thing is to make silly faces. Nuts I tell you!

We took Micah on Sunday to get a haircut like daddy. The last (and only) time he got a professional haircut, he FREAKED OUT. So, for the last year, I've been doing it myself. There was one cut though that I liked and haven't been able to do again. You know, I am no fancy stylist, I just play one. By the way, playing beautician with the kids is fan-freaking-tastic. Anyway, the haircut is good enough and Micah is pleased with it.

Since our Disney trip, Elias has been obsessed in every sense of the word, with cotton candy. He wakes up asking for it, he interrupts Micah's play to ask him for it and digs in the garbage looking for it. The kid has a problem. R, being the awesome daddy he is, scored major points with them when he brought it home as a "Daddy's back" surprise. Instant love and the kind only daddy can give. :)

Today I accomplished making gfcfef chicken nuggets, (nuggies to my boys). They snarfed them down. Robert said they were better than fast food. They even were shaped like McD's and Chick Fil A nuggets. Micah has begged and begged for them. Since they're obviously on the no list of allowed foods, it was really satisfying to see him so happy to have them again.[caption id="attachment_110" align="alignright" width="225" caption="E's version of thumbs up."]E's version of thumbs up.[/caption] There were enough to freeze, but my biggest kid ate them all. At least that means they liked them!

One last thing. When E gives a "thumbs up", you have to go and touch pointing fingertips with him. Cutie pie!

3 comments:

  1. Love love love love your blog. Love the way your write, love the way you speak, love the way you think. Read your blog till the bottom. I might even read your archives.
    xoxo
    connor

    ReplyDelete
  2. *shakes fist at wordpress* You can't have a blog post about a new HAIRCUT without pictures!

    So glad the nuggets came out yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love, Connor. :)

    Wordpress is cooperating, April. Piccies are up!

    ReplyDelete